Our 2013 Riesling is made in an off-dry style that perfectly balances the fresh acidity. Light gold in colour with great brightness and clarity. Honeysuckle on the nose and a mouth-filling complexity from the wild ferment; a hint of lime peel is intertwined with some developing honeycomb. The finish is of rich stone fruit, fresh lime juice and red apples.
Over time, and if the wine gets very cold for any length of time, this wine may throw a harmless deposit of potassium bitartrate crystals. These are often referred to as "wine diamonds" and are not a fault and are not harmful in any way. However, to avoid these crystals ending up in your glass we suggest decanting the wine before drinking.
$14.00 NZD ORDER WINE
- Vine Age: 12 years
- Clones: GM 198
- Soil: River gravels
- Elevation: 200 m
- Rainfall: 280 mm (annual average)
- Harvest: 11th April 2013 – Handpicked
- Vinification: 100% stainless steel tanks; wild yeast fermentation
- Winemaker: Richard Broadhead
- Bottled: 22nd October 2013 – 276 cases produced
- Analysis: pH 2.84; Alcohol 12%; TA 8.4 g/L; Sugar 10.8 g/L