2014 Pinot Gris
This is the nineth Pinot Gris under the Northburn Station label. The 2014 vintage was excellent for Pinot Gris with smaller than average berries. The fruit was harvested very clean, well balanced, fully ripe and with good varietal definition.
$19.50 NZD ORDER WINE
Hand-picked on 8th April from the Northburn Station vineyard. Whole bunch pressed and separated into tank and old oak barrels. Approximately 40% underwent full solids, completely natural, wild fermentation in the barrels. One Acacia barrel was used to develop a new dimension. The wine had extended lees contact and was bottled without any fining.
- Colour: Straw
- Bouquet: Ripe pear fruit underpinned with a white pepper spice.
- Palate: Dry with pear, biscuit crumbs and yeasty bread flavours. Rich and warming with clean textural qualities. A balanced and lingering finish.
A very food friendly wine that will match a wide range of dishes.
- Vine Age: 10 years
- Clones: Barry
- Soil: River gravels
- Elevation: 200 m
- Rainfall: 280 mm (annual average)
- Harvest: 12th April 2014 – Handpicked
- Vinification: 60% stainless steel tanks; 40% oak barriques; wild yeast fermentation
- Winemaker: Richard Broadhead
- Bottled: 22nd October 2014 – 106 cases produced
- Analysis: pH 3.0; Alcohol 14.2%; TA 5.6 g/L; Sugar 4.5 g/L