2013 Late Harvest Gewürztraminer
Brilliant, very pale straw colour. The nose is tight and constrained with delicate aromas of rose-petal florals, exotic spices, and stonefruit kernels. Sweet, with 66 g/l residual sugar, medium bodied and a soft mellow finish. Flavours of rose-petals, Turkish delight, and honey. The wine is luscious and rich and slightly decadent. We suggest you enjoy this wine chilled with pâté and soft cheeses.
Fruit for this wine was sourced from selected rows at Charcoal Gully Vineyard, Lowburn, Central Otago The fruit was picked very late in the season and was free of botrytis but very ripe. 375 ml.
$25.00 NZD ORDER WINE
- Harvest: May 2013 – Handpicked
- Vinification: At Pack Spur Winery – Lowburn. Whole bunch pressed, stainless steel fermentation.
- Winemakers: Brendan Seal and Richard Broadhead
- Bottled: July 2013 – 55 cases of 12 * 375ml bottles produced
- Analysis: pH 3.82; Alcohol 12%; TA 3.9 g/L; Sugar 66 g/L